Home » News » Politics » State Government
Senate Roundup: Abortion-clinic buffer zone approved
“This is really dealing with the freedom of speech issue,” Carson said, echoing arguments voiced by opponents in earlier debates.
The House version of the bill requires facilities to clearly define the buffer zone’s layout and dimensions for local officials to help with enforcement and makes the bill effective 30 days after it is signed.
Similar problems have occurred at facilities in Concord and Portsmouth.
The Senate decided to agree with the House on a bill that would require political and advocacy groups that promote the election or defeat of candidates in state elections to publicly report their receipts and expenditures.
The Senate voted 12-11 to agree with the House version of Senate Bill 120.
The House’s leading privacy advocate, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare, worked for two years to reach consensus on a bill to restrict the use of commercial drones.
Kurk’s bill would regulate the use of aerial drone photography and broadcasts by government agencies and private individuals and businesses.
READER COMMENTS: 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
- Drone legislation again to get NH House attention - 0
- Funding to Planned Parenthood jumps three-fold in two years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'