Home » News » Politics » State Government
Senate Roundup: Abortion-clinic buffer zone approved
“This is really dealing with the freedom of speech issue,” Carson said, echoing arguments voiced by opponents in earlier debates.
The House version of the bill requires facilities to clearly define the buffer zone’s layout and dimensions for local officials to help with enforcement and makes the bill effective 30 days after it is signed.
Similar problems have occurred at facilities in Concord and Portsmouth.
The Senate decided to agree with the House on a bill that would require political and advocacy groups that promote the election or defeat of candidates in state elections to publicly report their receipts and expenditures.
The Senate voted 12-11 to agree with the House version of Senate Bill 120.
The House’s leading privacy advocate, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare, worked for two years to reach consensus on a bill to restrict the use of commercial drones.
Kurk’s bill would regulate the use of aerial drone photography and broadcasts by government agencies and private individuals and businesses.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: 'Mirror' approach reflects important role of humans in dog training - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The media and the mob - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate