Piermont to dedicate Veterans Memorial Garden on Monday
It will be dedicated on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, as part of the town’s 250th anniversary celebration.
Area veterans, friends and relatives are being invited to Piermont to march or ride in the 11 a.m. parade with other veterans and local groups, who will make their way to the South Lawn Cemetery, where the garden is located.
Also, there will be comments by Piermont resident and World War II 82nd Airborne Division Paratrooper Joe Medlicott.
During the ceremony, school children and veterans will lay a wreath dedicated to all Piermont veterans who have served since the founding of the town.
The garden will feature three flagpoles donated by Piermont families and three granite memorials marking the names of Piermont military men and women who have served their town, state and country since the French and Indian war and the American Revolution.
At the conclusion of the dedication, lunch will be served at the school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket