Piermont to dedicate Veterans Memorial Garden on Monday
It will be dedicated on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, as part of the town’s 250th anniversary celebration.
Area veterans, friends and relatives are being invited to Piermont to march or ride in the 11 a.m. parade with other veterans and local groups, who will make their way to the South Lawn Cemetery, where the garden is located.
Also, there will be comments by Piermont resident and World War II 82nd Airborne Division Paratrooper Joe Medlicott.
During the ceremony, school children and veterans will lay a wreath dedicated to all Piermont veterans who have served since the founding of the town.
The garden will feature three flagpoles donated by Piermont families and three granite memorials marking the names of Piermont military men and women who have served their town, state and country since the French and Indian war and the American Revolution.
At the conclusion of the dedication, lunch will be served at the school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 0
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
- Manchester aldermanic committee supports ordinance banning 'spice' - 1
- Exeter breaks ground on new YMCA project - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Traffic concerns follow Keene park redesign proposals - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over