Piermont to dedicate Veterans Memorial Garden on Monday
It will be dedicated on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, as part of the town’s 250th anniversary celebration.
Area veterans, friends and relatives are being invited to Piermont to march or ride in the 11 a.m. parade with other veterans and local groups, who will make their way to the South Lawn Cemetery, where the garden is located.
Also, there will be comments by Piermont resident and World War II 82nd Airborne Division Paratrooper Joe Medlicott.
During the ceremony, school children and veterans will lay a wreath dedicated to all Piermont veterans who have served since the founding of the town.
The garden will feature three flagpoles donated by Piermont families and three granite memorials marking the names of Piermont military men and women who have served their town, state and country since the French and Indian war and the American Revolution.
At the conclusion of the dedication, lunch will be served at the school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
- Nevins developer releases Londonderry from walking trail easement - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
- Hiring of Manchester fire deputy contested - 1
- Derry transfer station project bidding continues - 0
- Study to design gateway into Nashua approved - 0
- Proposed elderly apartment complex clears zoning hurdle in Londonderry - 0
- Lebanon city council mulls one-way for Dulac Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law