VA Medical Center plans observance on Monday
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held in the Granite State Room of the Community Living Center.
The Manchester VA will also be joining in the National Moment of Remembrance at 3 p.m.
Post 79 event
MANCHESTER — Post 79, The American Legion, hosts Frank Harlan trivia night at 7 on May 22.
On May 23, Kamikaze Karaoke with Jenn Mitchell starts at 7 p.m.
Cribbage is canceled that night.
Rye ceremony set
RYE — The town will conduct a Memorial Day ceremony at Central Cemetery at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 26.
Wounded warriors in Gilford pilot program
GILFORD — A pilot program May 28-30 at Gunstock Mountain Resort will give 18 wounded warriors the opportunity to participate in outdoor adventure activities and learn life skills that will help them transition into civilian life.
Camp Resilience is the operational arm of the non-profit Patriot Resilient Leader Institute founded by a group of Lakes Region volunteers. Call 520-3989 or email email@example.com for information.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 20
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 14
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 6
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Wall Street has best 2-day gain since 2011 on Fed optimism - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 0
- Shipyard to hire 715 in next year - 0
- Eastern Mountain Sports to lay off 41 in Peterborough, move headquarters to Conn. - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose