Deroy Murdock: Many American VA hospitals are crime scenes
• A Chicago VA social worker said “scheduling wait times are manipulated in order to protect pay bonuses.”
This fiasco makes Attorney General Eric Holder snore. “I don’t have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing,” he yawned on May 13. Judging by his Morgan State University commencement address, Holder believes it’s more urgent to fight racial segregation in 2014 — as if Dr. King never lived, and Jim Crow never died.
To varying degrees, Justice Department alumni believe VA employees could and even should be prosecuted.
As much as possible, VA hospitals should be privatized and coverage voucherized. Compensation in what remains should reflect patient satisfaction.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: 'Mirror' approach reflects important role of humans in dog training - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The media and the mob - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate