Deroy Murdock: Many American VA hospitals are crime scenes
• A Chicago VA social worker said “scheduling wait times are manipulated in order to protect pay bonuses.”
This fiasco makes Attorney General Eric Holder snore. “I don’t have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing,” he yawned on May 13. Judging by his Morgan State University commencement address, Holder believes it’s more urgent to fight racial segregation in 2014 — as if Dr. King never lived, and Jim Crow never died.
To varying degrees, Justice Department alumni believe VA employees could and even should be prosecuted.
As much as possible, VA hospitals should be privatized and coverage voucherized. Compensation in what remains should reflect patient satisfaction.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 3
- Pat Buchanan: The high price of papal popularity - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
- Deroy Murdock: Scott Brown's good case for a Republican Senate - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 23
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 7
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 4
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks