Deroy Murdock: Many American VA hospitals are crime scenes
• A Chicago VA social worker said “scheduling wait times are manipulated in order to protect pay bonuses.”
This fiasco makes Attorney General Eric Holder snore. “I don’t have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing,” he yawned on May 13. Judging by his Morgan State University commencement address, Holder believes it’s more urgent to fight racial segregation in 2014 — as if Dr. King never lived, and Jim Crow never died.
To varying degrees, Justice Department alumni believe VA employees could and even should be prosecuted.
As much as possible, VA hospitals should be privatized and coverage voucherized. Compensation in what remains should reflect patient satisfaction.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua board encourages public to weigh in during upcoming budget debates - 0
- Chief tells board that West High pellet gun incident points to lessons learned - 1
- Manchester teachers call for 'fair contract' - 52
- Claremont gives volunteers time to collect items as assessment of JSL building continues - 0
- Millions in work eyed for Nashua schools - 1
- Water line insurance offer called a scam by Manchester official - 2
- 'Ugly as sin' comment about congressional candidate creates flap - 55
- Father airs school bus concerns via website - 4
- Projected Nashua playground costs higher than expected - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
After riots, soul-searching begins