This week's rare bird alert
A tree swallow sets sail after emerging from a nest box at the Massabesic Audubon Center in Auburn on Tuesday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
Twenty-two white-winged scoters were seen on Lake Massabesic in Auburn, and two were seen on Powdermill Pond in Hancock, all on May 16.
There was an unconfirmed report of a worm-eating warbler in Peterborough on May 17.
A pair of evening grosbeaks was seen in New London on May 16.
A sora was heard at a marsh in Canterbury, and one was heard at a marsh in Salem, both on May 17.
This message is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available online at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
- 'Hour of Code' events get students interested in computer programming - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 3
- Police say Londonderry investigation related to Maine home invasion is ongoing - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules