Nashua 6th-grader says she's ready for national spelling bee
“I know this is going to take a lot of focus and concentration,” she said. “I am pretty comfortable with the words now, as I have worked hard to prepare for this.”
“We believe she can do it,” said Kalpande’s father, Raju Kalpande. “Of course, we are so proud of her no matter what — and very excited.”
“This is her first year, so we will take it one step at a time,” he said.
Arushi Kalpande will compete against 280 other spellers from across the country, ranging in age from 8-15. The 87th annual spelling bee tournament will be aired on ESPN3, ESPN2 and ESPN on select days, and also will be streaming online.
“I really enjoy science and history, so I really want to see the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History,” said Kalpande, who plays the violin and studies classical Indian dance at Triveni School of Dance in Brookline, Mass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New superintendent named in Lebanon - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park