Home » News » Public Safety
One dead, another seriously hurt in Hooksett crash
The crash occurred around 6:35 p.m. just south of Hackett Hill Road, and both drivers were transported to area hospitals.
Roosevelt Fraga, 69, of Manchester, was taken to Elliot Hospital where she died of her injuries, and 20-year-old Ashley Louis of Concord was brought to Catholic Medical Center where she is being treated for critical injuries.
Route 3A (West River Road) was closed for several hours due to the severity of the crash, traffic was detoured while the New Hampshire State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit analyzed the scene and circumstances of the accident, which remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'