Bar to recognize retired Judge John Lewis
He also reportedly said people respect the business world because it is male-dominated, and the teaching profession is harmed because women are becoming lawyers rather than teachers.
In a statement released late last week, the board of directors of the New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association said it does not opposed including Lewis in the list of retiring judges. He is a retiring judge, the organizaiton said, and no other reprimanded judge has been removed from the list.
The annual meeting of the New Hampshire Bar is slated for June 20 at the Portsmouth Sheraton.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.