Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jury visits four area sites Tuesday in preparation for Marriot murder trial this week
Prosecutors allege the 31-year-old strangled and/or suffocated Marriott, 19 — a sophomore at the University of New Hampshire in Durham — at his Mill Street apartment on the night of Oct. 9, 2012, before, during or after committing aggravated felonious sexual assault.
Mazzaglia, his attorneys, the prosecution, the judge and court staff accompanied 16 jurors as they traveled to Mazzaglia’s and his former girlfriend Kathryn “Kat” McDonough’s Mill Street apartment building. From there, they drove the back roads — Back River Road and Piscataqua Road through Madbury, Durham and Dover — to Route 16 south and on to Peirce Island in Portsmouth.
They drove across the General Sullivan Bridge, where Marriott’s destroyed phone and GPS were tossed, and to the Mast Road parking lot in Durham, where Marriott’s vehicle was recovered.
Ward said the state plans to start presenting evidence this morning; each side will have up to an hour to present opening statements.
The map, which Mazzaglia allegedly provided to investigators, described where Marriott’s body was dumped off Peirce Island in Portsmouth after her death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper - 2
- Derry woman faces charges after nearly hitting Salem police officers - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 2
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 2
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 2
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 1
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917