Data used by feds to assert discrimination in Manchester schools to be reviewed
Gatsas has been highly critical of the group's findings, which suggested that minority students were being steered away from advanced courses.
Gatsas, however, said that the work of the group should take place under the auspices of the school board and insisted that a special school board committee be created, on which three board members would sit.
The meeting will take place at City Hall at 3 p.m.
One central question will likely concern the data that the OCR cited to make its case that minority student were disproportionately under-enrolled in Advanced Placement courses in the high schools, which Gatsas has called "slanted.”
"We're prepared to go through that and explain how that data came about," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Study would make Nashua less of a one-way ride - 0
- Keene officials recommend clearing Robin Williams memorial before Pumpkin Festival - 2
- Salem officials mum on police chief suspension; selectman alleges vulgar insult at meeting - 11
- Nashua to use surplus to reduce tax rate - 0
- Franklin school-city consolidation to be studied further - 0
- Nashua aldermen override mayor's veto on police contract that will raise patrolman salaries - 0
- Manchester officials searching for central preschool facility building - 2
- After 12 years, Derry CFO steps down from position - 0
- Alleged conflict of interest among Timberlane board member's issues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance