All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Minor fire extinguished at Alton restaurant

ALTON -- Firefighters were called to a minor fire at Ackerley's Restaurant on Main Street Sunday night.

No major damage or injuries were reported.

Fire Chief Scott Williams said an off-duty firefighter notified the department at 10:03 p.m. after seeing smoke coming from the 82 Main St. restaurant The restaurant, which opened a couple weeks ago, was closed at the time.

Williams said serving utensils were placed too close to the cooking range's pilot lights and overheated. Williams said there was no fire damage, but "plenty of soot."

Johnny A
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Monty Python's Spamalot
Friday, 7:30 p.m.,
Saturday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m.

Concord Multicultural Festival
Saturday, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.