Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Dover man faces retrial in Portsmouth sex assault
Aaron Bonds, 45, is facing a second trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges he raped a 26-year-old woman in Portsmouth two years ago. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE)
Bonds is accused of sexually assaulting the woman outside of a Portsmouth apartment in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012.
The sentence would be an enhanced penalty because of a 2003 conviction in Strafford County Superior Court for sexually assaulting a woman while she was passed out from either alcohol or drugs at a Somersworth house party, according to prosecutors.
Bonds was convicted of possession of a controlled drug and dispensing a substance representing to be a controlled drug.
Delker said he believes that Bonds targeted the women.
Defense lawyer Brian Lavallee argued at the first trial that his client committed no wrongdoing, and that it was likely that the woman just regretted whatever happened and went to the police.
Later in the night, Bonds met up with three of them at an apartment where they were drinking beer after a night of bar hopping. Bonds had put out more of the cocaine for the women to use, but did not take any himself, prosecutors argued.
Bonds then sexually assaulted the 26-year-old woman while she was getting ill outside a friend’s apartment, prosecutors said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 1
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917