Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Dover man faces retrial in Portsmouth sex assault
Aaron Bonds, 45, is facing a second trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges he raped a 26-year-old woman in Portsmouth two years ago. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE)
Bonds is accused of sexually assaulting the woman outside of a Portsmouth apartment in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012.
The sentence would be an enhanced penalty because of a 2003 conviction in Strafford County Superior Court for sexually assaulting a woman while she was passed out from either alcohol or drugs at a Somersworth house party, according to prosecutors.
Bonds was convicted of possession of a controlled drug and dispensing a substance representing to be a controlled drug.
Delker said he believes that Bonds targeted the women.
Defense lawyer Brian Lavallee argued at the first trial that his client committed no wrongdoing, and that it was likely that the woman just regretted whatever happened and went to the police.
Later in the night, Bonds met up with three of them at an apartment where they were drinking beer after a night of bar hopping. Bonds had put out more of the cocaine for the women to use, but did not take any himself, prosecutors argued.
Bonds then sexually assaulted the 26-year-old woman while she was getting ill outside a friend’s apartment, prosecutors said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483