Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Dover man faces retrial in Portsmouth sex assault
Aaron Bonds, 45, is facing a second trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges he raped a 26-year-old woman in Portsmouth two years ago. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE)
Bonds is accused of sexually assaulting the woman outside of a Portsmouth apartment in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012.
The sentence would be an enhanced penalty because of a 2003 conviction in Strafford County Superior Court for sexually assaulting a woman while she was passed out from either alcohol or drugs at a Somersworth house party, according to prosecutors.
Bonds was convicted of possession of a controlled drug and dispensing a substance representing to be a controlled drug.
Delker said he believes that Bonds targeted the women.
Defense lawyer Brian Lavallee argued at the first trial that his client committed no wrongdoing, and that it was likely that the woman just regretted whatever happened and went to the police.
Later in the night, Bonds met up with three of them at an apartment where they were drinking beer after a night of bar hopping. Bonds had put out more of the cocaine for the women to use, but did not take any himself, prosecutors argued.
Bonds then sexually assaulted the 26-year-old woman while she was getting ill outside a friend’s apartment, prosecutors said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Total Votes: 917