Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Dover man faces retrial in Portsmouth sex assault
Aaron Bonds, 45, is facing a second trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges he raped a 26-year-old woman in Portsmouth two years ago. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE)
Bonds is accused of sexually assaulting the woman outside of a Portsmouth apartment in the early morning hours of July 11, 2012.
The sentence would be an enhanced penalty because of a 2003 conviction in Strafford County Superior Court for sexually assaulting a woman while she was passed out from either alcohol or drugs at a Somersworth house party, according to prosecutors.
Bonds was convicted of possession of a controlled drug and dispensing a substance representing to be a controlled drug.
Delker said he believes that Bonds targeted the women.
Defense lawyer Brian Lavallee argued at the first trial that his client committed no wrongdoing, and that it was likely that the woman just regretted whatever happened and went to the police.
Later in the night, Bonds met up with three of them at an apartment where they were drinking beer after a night of bar hopping. Bonds had put out more of the cocaine for the women to use, but did not take any himself, prosecutors argued.
Bonds then sexually assaulted the 26-year-old woman while she was getting ill outside a friend’s apartment, prosecutors said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483