action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict

CAPTURED

Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies

CAPTURED

Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Home » News » Crime

May 28. 2014 8:32PM

Manchester Crimewatch: Video captured incident at Central Street residence

MANCHESTER — David Weekly, who says he was struck with a bat by Hector Velez Jr. in a melee March 2 in the area of 141 Laurel St., was arraigned Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a felony charge of criminal threatening and a misdemeanor charge of stalking Velez.

Police say Weekly, 18, of 38 Orange St., allegedly pulled up next to a car in which Velez was a passenger at a traffic light at Valley and Maple streets May 12 and said: “Pull over, pull over.”

Court documents show Velez told police that when the light changed, the driver of the car he was in pulled away and drove to the rear of the Velez residence at 269 Central St., where Weekly allegedly also stopped.

Velez said Weekly approached with a foot-long metal pipe and said: “Come out and fight me. . .You want me to put a bullet in your head.”

Weekly was also charged with contempt of court, for violating conditions of an April 5 bail order barring possession of weapons and requiring good behavior.

Court documents say police viewed videotape from the Velez home that showed Weekly’s car pulling up and stopping and Weekly removing a pipe from the trunk and approaching the residence with the pipe. After a brief argument, Weekly is seen getting back into his vehicle and driving off.

Bail was set at $2,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with Velez and not going to Velez’ residence. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for June 12 and trial on the misdemeanors was set for July 2.

Says he’s sorry

Carlos Roman Reyes, 51, of 55 Amory St., could enter no plea Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of falsifying physical evidence that alleges he removed a temporary plate from his vehicle after being involved in a crash on Rimmon Street Tuesday.

He pleaded innocent to charges of disobeying a police officer, for failing to stop for an officer with warning signals activated on his car; conduct after an accident, for leaving the scene of a property damage accident, and possession of a controlled drug, for allegedly having marijuana in his possession.

Most of the arraignment process was done with the assistance of a Spanish interpreter, but Roman Reyes said, in English: “I’m sorry.” He also asked if the proposed $1,000 cash/surety bail could be changed. “In this moment, I’m thinking it’s impossible (to pay),” he said.

But Judge William Lyons, noting that Reyes has had similar past offenses, and has failed to appear in the past, set bail at the $2,000 cash/surety requested by the police prosecutor.

A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for June 11 and trial on the misdemeanors was set for July 2.

Bail revocation hearing set

A bail revocation hearing is set for Thursday morning in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Dennis Keene, 47, of 235 Wilkins St., He had been scheduled for arraignment Tuesday on charges of simple assault and criminal mischief, for allegedly throwing ice cubes at his wife while she was sleeping and criminal mischief, for allegedly throwing a TV and dresser drawers and damaging a cabinet Monday.

But he was arrested at Circuit Court Tuesday morning and charged with stalking because he had called his wife and asked her to give him a ride to court and they were sitting together in the courtroom, despite conditions of his $1,000 personal recognizance bail that barred contact.

Court documents show Keene’s wife told officers that her husband has health issues, so she thought it would be OK to pick him up and drive him to court. Keene was arraigned on all three charges Wednesday and trial was set for July 2.

Scheduled for custody

Erick Gonzales Lopez, 31, of 23 Bath St., pleaded innocent Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a charge of violation of a protective order. He is accused of violating the protective order by parking at the Concord Street residence of the protected party.

A police prosecutor, noting Gonzales Lopez has a previous domestic-related conviction, requested $2,500 cash/surety bail.

Speaking through a Spanish interpreter, he said the bail request is very high. “I have to take care of my daughter,” he said. He said he was supposed to get her at 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Judge William Lyons reduced the bail amount to $2,000 cash/surety. Trial was set for July 2.

Says surgery scheduled

Thomas Quinn, 62, of 140 Central St., Wednesday told a Circuit Court-Manchester District Central judge that he was in the hospital the last time he was supposed to be in court.

That was May 8, when he was scheduled for arraignment on a theft by unauthorized taking charge that alleges he took $29.17 in merchandise from Market Basket, 460 Elm St., without paying for it.

Quinn wanted personal recognizance bail, saying he is scheduled for ankle surgery Thursday and has other serious physical ailments. But Judge William Lyons said Quinn had also failed to appear twice in 2013 on charges of consuming alcohol in public and set bail at the $1,000 cash/surety requested by the police prosecutor. Trial was set for July 2.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events