Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Ex-Timberlane teacher denied early release from prison
A judge declined to suspend the minimum prison term for Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton, who is serving a 2-to-4 year sentence for possession of child pornography. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
A judge denied a request by Scott Buatti, 48, to suspend the remaining seven months of a state prison sentence after spending roughly a year and a half behind bars.
Buatti is serving a 2-to-4 year state prison sentence. A jury convicted him of 10 counts of possession of child pornography in April 2011.
McHugh decided he will only recommend to the corrections department that Buatti undertake sexual offender program after he is paroled from his two-year sentence.
Buatti taught gym class at Timberlane Middle School for 19 years until his 2009 indictment prompted his resignation.
ICE agents testified that Buatti was identified in their investigation after he paid $79.95 to subscribe to web sites and used his home email address with his subscription.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483