Home » News » Public Safety
Alvirne High School student arrested for alleged 'hit list'
Police responded to the Hudson high school shortly before 11 a.m. Wednesday morning, after school officials and the Hudson Police received reports that the male student, whose name wasn't released, had threatened several of his classmates.
Police Captain William Avery said police have contacted all of the students named on the apparent hit list, as well as their parents.
“They are all aware of the situation,” Avery said.
The student in custody, who was charged with one count of criminal threatening, will be arraigned Thursday afternoon, according to Avery, who noted that additional charges may be forthcoming. He also will face disciplinary action from the school district.
Hudson Police declined to release further information at this time citing the ongoing nature of the criminal investigation.
A call made to Hudson School Superintendent Bryan Lane wasn't immediately returned Thursday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change