Home » News » Business » Legacy Awards
Zachos guided Currier, SNHU to today's prominence
Attorney Bradford E. Cook, who has worked with Zachos for 42 years, said Zachos has never talked much about those days. He’s seen the photograph of Zachos carrying Katzenbach’s bags and, hanging on Zachos’ office wall, is a photograph of Zachos, a lifelong Republican, with Democrat LBJ.
“I have a great life,” said Zachos, who has practiced law with Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green since 1957. Eventually, his practice focused on banking, estate planning and the corporate world. But education and the arts ultimately would play a major role in his life.
He quickly became a lover of the arts and eventually the driving force behind three fund-raising campaigns, totaling about $20 million, and the $20 million-plus expansion of the Currier Museum of Art, making it into a museum of international renown.
Zachos is among a handful of New Hampshire residents to be honored with this year’s Granite State Legacy Awards, presented by the New Hampshire Union Leader and sponsored by Centrix Bank.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 12
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 5
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 64
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley