Home » News » Business » Legacy Awards
Zachos guided Currier, SNHU to today's prominence
Attorney Bradford E. Cook, who has worked with Zachos for 42 years, said Zachos has never talked much about those days. He’s seen the photograph of Zachos carrying Katzenbach’s bags and, hanging on Zachos’ office wall, is a photograph of Zachos, a lifelong Republican, with Democrat LBJ.
“I have a great life,” said Zachos, who has practiced law with Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green since 1957. Eventually, his practice focused on banking, estate planning and the corporate world. But education and the arts ultimately would play a major role in his life.
He quickly became a lover of the arts and eventually the driving force behind three fund-raising campaigns, totaling about $20 million, and the $20 million-plus expansion of the Currier Museum of Art, making it into a museum of international renown.
Zachos is among a handful of New Hampshire residents to be honored with this year’s Granite State Legacy Awards, presented by the New Hampshire Union Leader and sponsored by Centrix Bank.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 6
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 20
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride