Home » News » Business » Legacy Awards
Zachos guided Currier, SNHU to today's prominence
Attorney Bradford E. Cook, who has worked with Zachos for 42 years, said Zachos has never talked much about those days. He’s seen the photograph of Zachos carrying Katzenbach’s bags and, hanging on Zachos’ office wall, is a photograph of Zachos, a lifelong Republican, with Democrat LBJ.
“I have a great life,” said Zachos, who has practiced law with Sheehan Phinney Bass + Green since 1957. Eventually, his practice focused on banking, estate planning and the corporate world. But education and the arts ultimately would play a major role in his life.
He quickly became a lover of the arts and eventually the driving force behind three fund-raising campaigns, totaling about $20 million, and the $20 million-plus expansion of the Currier Museum of Art, making it into a museum of international renown.
Zachos is among a handful of New Hampshire residents to be honored with this year’s Granite State Legacy Awards, presented by the New Hampshire Union Leader and sponsored by Centrix Bank.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 10
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 1
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection