All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Crime

Pembroke man facing drug, assault charges; struggled until Tased

May 30. 2014 7:59PM

MANCHESTER — Police monitoring activities Thursday afternoon at 92 Walnut St., where there have been a number of drug arrests, noticed a vehicle stop in front of the house at about 4:30. Shortly thereafter, a man left the building and entered the vehicle, which then drove off, without signaling.

Based on the suspected drug activity and traffic violation, the officers followed the vehicle and requested a marked police car make a stop of the vehicle, which was done on Hooksett Road.

Detective Aaron Brown said the passenger, Michael Reardon, 32, who seemed nervous, agreed to a search of his person. But when Brown removed a small tied off baggie containing suspected crack cocaine from Reardon’s pocket and handed it to another officer, Brown said Reardon knocked the baggie out of Officer Derek Feather’s hand and attempted to flee.

Feather and Brown, joined by Brown’s partner, Detective Mark Harrington. sought to control Reardon, who they said struggled violently, grabbing the handle of Feather’s gun at one point. The struggle ended after a passing New Hampshire State Trooper stopped and used his Taser on Reardon, who was then cuffed and two baggies of crack cocaine retrieved from the grass and weeds.

Reardon, who provided an address of 118 Main St., Pembroke, on his request for a court-appointed attorney, was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. He could enter no plea to felony charges of falsifying physical evidence, for knocking baggies of crack cocaine out of the officers’ hands and into tall grass and weeds; possession of a narcotic, crack cocaine, and taking a firearm from law enforcement, for grabbing onto the handle of Feather’s weapon.

He pleaded innocent to misdemeanors of simple assault, for slapping Feather’s hand as he sought to get the gun, and resisting arrest, for struggling with the officers in an attempt to escape.

Bail was set at a total of $12,000 cash/surety. A probable cause hearing on the felonies was set for June 12. Trial on the misdemeanors was set for June 26.

Drug, threatening charges

Douglas Reardon, 19, of 44 Maurice St., was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on felony charges of possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell and criminal threatening and a misdemeanor of stalking.

Court documents show that when an officer arrested Reardon on the stalking and criminal threatening charges Thursday, after Reardon had been found in a classroom at Manchester Memorial High School and escorted out by a school official, Reardon was found in possession of a bag containing three smaller baggies of marijuana totaling 4.1 grams.

The criminal theatening and stalking charges refer to his alleged efforts to put a juvenile in fear, pursuing him in a vehicle on South Jewett Street in April, shouting: “We’re gonna get you. We’re gonna find you.”

Bail was set at a total of $3,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring contact with the juvenile. A probable cause hearing on the felonies was set for June 12 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for June 26.

Indecent exposure arrest

Officers responding to an unknown disturbance at 411 Maple St. about 1 a.m. Friday were directed to a man sitting on the stairs, wearing only a T-shirt and socks. He was not wearing any pants, officers noted, and his genitals were fully exposed.

The man, identified as Lawrence Karson, 29, of 28 Dutton St., appeared to the officers to be extremely intoxicated and was very uncooperative.

Officer Daniel Wood was able to locate a pair of shorts and a wallet in the victinty of Karson, who was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.

Courts Crime Manchester


More Headlines