Central High principal: Accreditation report to be released in mid-June
But he would not provide it to a reporter. The Manchester Board of School Committee should see the report first, and the New England Assocation of Schools and Colleges gives a school up to 60 days to release the document, Rist said.
“I’m not hiding anything. We’re not unhappy with the report,” Rist said on Friday. He said it includes both commendations and recommendations about how to improve the school.
An accreditation is a lengthy process that involves outside evaluators who look at a school to determine that it meets benchmarks set by professionals, according to the website of the New England Assocation of Schools and Colleges, which handles accreditation in all New England states.
Rist said Central’s accreditation isn’t at the point where NEASC decides the final accreditation status of the school. Once Central responds to the findings of the accreditation team, NEASC will decide the status.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'