Home » News » Politics » State Government
NH legislators agree on bill to protect heating fuel consumers
The bill limits when heating oil companies can advertise pre-paid contracts and makes failure to deliver heating fuel a violation under the state Consumer Protection Act.
The Republican-dominated, 2011-12 legislature did not include money in its budget to pay the communities in the compact.
Under the bill, 22 towns in the Merrimack and Connecticut flood control compacts would receive $542,672.
The bill limits when dealers can advertise and solicit customers for pre-buy contracts to between May 1 and Oct. 31.
The bill also requires dealers to register with the Secretary of State’s Office and file an annual report demonstrating how the company will satisfy its obligations to consumers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket