Families First inviting artists to leave their mark on 'Big Blue'
PORTSMOUTH — Families First Health & Support Center is replacing “Big Blue,” a van that delivers health care to low-income seniors and to people experiencing homelessness, so it is seeking submissions from artists interested in having their work featured on the new van.
The back of the current van is covered with the work of local artist Peter Welch.
Families First is not offering compensation, but would put the artist’s name on the van and include the artist in publicity related to the launch of the new van.
Families First is interested in “works that convey feelings and values such as welcoming, inclusive, healthy, nonjudgmental, accepting, caring, uplifting, life-affirming, diversity, dignity, hope. The work should appeal more to adults than children; very few children are seen on the van. Images that suggest the Seacoast region might be a plus.”
The artwork may be any medium — painting, drawing, graphic design, photographs, etc.
The submission deadline is 9 a.m. Monday, June 16. River Works Printing will take a digital photograph of the chosen artwork and transfer it to the van.For the specifications and submission instructions, go to www.familiesfirstseacoast.org and click on the link to “Call for Artwork.” Questions also may be emailed to email@example.com, using “New Big Blue Artwork” in the subject line. For information about the services provided with the van, look for the link to “Mobile Health Care” under the “Health Care” tab.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.