Berlin updated on Superfund site
Darryl Luce, an Environmental Protection Agency project manager, told a small group of residents at an information session last Thursday that data-gathering will continue this summer and fall at the former Chlor-Alkali facility.
In response to a question from the audience, Luce said there is some money available, but the project will depend on available funding.
The cell house cleanup site is located on the east side of the river, just south of the Saw Mill Dam, which is the dam at the Northern Forest Heritage Park. It is at the far north of the 60-acre former paper mill property, part of which is now being used at a bio-mass facility.
Bugs, birds and fish were tested, along with sediment at the bottom of the river.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 43
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 37
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 71
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate