Home » News » Public Safety
Four Newport fires lead to criminal probe
All four fires were less than a mile from each other and started over a three-hour time span.
Fifteen minutes later, a structure fire was reported at 82 Maple St.
At 2:27 a.m., firefighters responded to another structure fire at 11 Central St., and at 4:30 a.m., firefighters were called to a structure fire at 24 Sullivan St.Newport police, fire and EMS departments responded to all four fires, with mutual aid from Croydon, Claremont, Goshen, Sunapee and New London fire departments.
"All fire scenes remain under investigation at this time," Newport Police Chief Jim Burroughs said in a news release. "At this time there is no further information available."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released