Home » Opinion » Editorials
Kuster wants weapons: Annie will get your guns
Suddenly it was "military-style assault weapons." We asked what that meant. Refusing to define the term, Hilmer wrote that Kuster "believes we must draw a line between military-style assault weapons and civilian weapons used for hunting, sport shooting, and personal protection." So Kuster has no idea what types of guns she wants to ban; she just knows some guns have to go.
That is a stunning position for someone who proclaims herself a supporter of the Second Amendment - and who represents New Hampshire, which is not only a strongly pro-gun state, but which is home to Sig Sauer's U.S. headquarters.
Lucky for you, there's an election five months from Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 15
- Taxi fail: City regulations don't work - 14
- Nanny knows best? Don't count on it - 2
- Walmart traffic: Does the city have a plan? - 4
- Politicizing rape: An injustice for everyone - 9
- NH House choices: Jasper makes good selections - 12
- Better federal budgeting: GOP's chance to show it can govern - 6
- Pension politics: NH needs leadership - 14
- What would Jack Bauer do with these wusses? - 26
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 4
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- Rinne wins duel with Rask as Predators edge Bruins - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly