Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper
“Only one chair at a time, Pop-pop?” the kid asked in all seriousness.
His timing was impeccable. I was just about to quit the whole project but I couldn’t very well have the grandson thinking me over the hill. So, after I caught my breath, I went back down and brought up a foam cushion to go with the chair.
I am happy to watch Spike, but my iPhone will be out of his sight. The kid is all of two years old and already thinks all things large or small belong to him.
“I want my iPhone!” Spike shrieked, apparently not seeing the humor in the situation. He will have to learn.
That passion includes pure, unadulterated loathing as well as fondness when it comes to the comics, which is why I may wait awhile before again messing with the natives.
One reader wants to bet $100 that he could find at least one error in every issue in the span of one month.
See you in the funny papers.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@unionleader.com or on Twitter at @Deucecrew
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 1
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH