Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper
“Only one chair at a time, Pop-pop?” the kid asked in all seriousness.
His timing was impeccable. I was just about to quit the whole project but I couldn’t very well have the grandson thinking me over the hill. So, after I caught my breath, I went back down and brought up a foam cushion to go with the chair.
I am happy to watch Spike, but my iPhone will be out of his sight. The kid is all of two years old and already thinks all things large or small belong to him.
“I want my iPhone!” Spike shrieked, apparently not seeing the humor in the situation. He will have to learn.
That passion includes pure, unadulterated loathing as well as fondness when it comes to the comics, which is why I may wait awhile before again messing with the natives.
One reader wants to bet $100 that he could find at least one error in every issue in the span of one month.
See you in the funny papers.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@unionleader.com or on Twitter at @Deucecrew
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Havenstein's Pledge: It's a sound business plan - 1
- 'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH - 25
- Personhood Controversial? Really? - 29
- Pocket Constitutions: Windham's non-scandal - 15
- Obama's escalation: In Iraq, too broad a fight - 14
- NH's prison population: The real story behind a failed law - 12
- Constitutional thought: Enter our student essay contest - 0
- Hawkish Shaheen: What war profiteers? - 43
- Walt's new Pledge: Planning for a better NH budget - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced