Scene in Manchester: We're getting older, and it's time for NH to talk about it
Whether you have a green thumb or not, members of the Manchester Garden Club would like you to consider joining their mission to help beautify our city. No gardening experience is necessary, just an appreciation for nature and acts of goodwill.
Same coffee, new faces
If you stop into J Dubs Coffee next Monday, you will find the same great coffee served by some new faces. The tiny Brady Sullivan Plaza shop, opened by Jim and Felicia Whitney in 2008, is being sold to Emeran Langmaid of A&E Coffee Roastery & Tea.J Dubs has always served A&E coffee, custom-roasted in Langmaid’s Amherst café, which she opened in 2001 as the first USDA-certified organic coffee roaster in New Hampshire.
J Dubs will still look the same for the first couple weeks of Langmaid’s ownership as she and her staff meet J Dubs’ regular customers. But the shop will close its doors for renovations before an anticipated grand reopening the week of July 7.
I’m your No. 1 fan
If a celebrity is in town, you can pretty much guarantee that I will go out of my way to see them. I weaseled my way into the Verizon Wireless Arena to see Oprah when she came to support Barack Obama in 2008. During the 2012 presidential primary, I camped out at various restaurants downtown just hoping to bump into Diane Sawyer. I did.
Even the dogs in your family can join the fun at The Manchester Animal Shelter’s 4th Annual Mutt Strutt and Fair at Livingston Park this Sunday.
The free fair opens at 10 a.m., and features demonstrations by the Manchester Police K9 Unit and Manchester Fire Department arson dog. There will also be contests, agility courses for your dog to try and vendors.
If you have an interesting event for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Bootcamp takes chocolate to a new level - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Dinner offers delicious way to honor local farmers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Cyclists work to ride safely on city streets - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help