Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Pinkerton teacher charged with inappropriately touching female student
David W. Howes, 51, of 62 N. Lowell Road, Windham, turned himself in at the Derry Police Department Tuesday on an arrest warrant charging him with five counts of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a news release.
After learning of the alleged incident on May 27, Pinkerton administrators placed Howes on administrative leave, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs said.
“We received a report, we researched it, and we acted on it, which included administrative leave followed by termination,” Underhill said.
Last fall, Howes oversaw a project by students in the Career and Technical program to rebuild a trailer that is used by the Salem Exchange Club to sell Christmas trees as a fundraiser for the needy.
Howes was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, Thomas said.
He is scheduled to be arraigned before 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on June 19.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483