Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Pinkerton teacher charged with inappropriately touching female student
David W. Howes, 51, of 62 N. Lowell Road, Windham, turned himself in at the Derry Police Department Tuesday on an arrest warrant charging him with five counts of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a news release.
After learning of the alleged incident on May 27, Pinkerton administrators placed Howes on administrative leave, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs said.
“We received a report, we researched it, and we acted on it, which included administrative leave followed by termination,” Underhill said.
Last fall, Howes oversaw a project by students in the Career and Technical program to rebuild a trailer that is used by the Salem Exchange Club to sell Christmas trees as a fundraiser for the needy.
Howes was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, Thomas said.
He is scheduled to be arraigned before 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on June 19.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 12
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917