Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Pinkerton teacher charged with inappropriately touching female student
David W. Howes, 51, of 62 N. Lowell Road, Windham, turned himself in at the Derry Police Department Tuesday on an arrest warrant charging him with five counts of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a news release.
After learning of the alleged incident on May 27, Pinkerton administrators placed Howes on administrative leave, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs said.
“We received a report, we researched it, and we acted on it, which included administrative leave followed by termination,” Underhill said.
Last fall, Howes oversaw a project by students in the Career and Technical program to rebuild a trailer that is used by the Salem Exchange Club to sell Christmas trees as a fundraiser for the needy.
Howes was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, Thomas said.
He is scheduled to be arraigned before 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on June 19.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 28
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917