Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Pinkerton teacher charged with inappropriately touching female student
David W. Howes, 51, of 62 N. Lowell Road, Windham, turned himself in at the Derry Police Department Tuesday on an arrest warrant charging him with five counts of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a news release.
After learning of the alleged incident on May 27, Pinkerton administrators placed Howes on administrative leave, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs said.
“We received a report, we researched it, and we acted on it, which included administrative leave followed by termination,” Underhill said.
Last fall, Howes oversaw a project by students in the Career and Technical program to rebuild a trailer that is used by the Salem Exchange Club to sell Christmas trees as a fundraiser for the needy.
Howes was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, Thomas said.
He is scheduled to be arraigned before 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on June 19.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483