Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Pinkerton teacher charged with inappropriately touching female student
David W. Howes, 51, of 62 N. Lowell Road, Windham, turned himself in at the Derry Police Department Tuesday on an arrest warrant charging him with five counts of simple assault, a misdemeanor, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in a news release.
After learning of the alleged incident on May 27, Pinkerton administrators placed Howes on administrative leave, said Chip Underhill, executive director of public relations and external affairs said.
“We received a report, we researched it, and we acted on it, which included administrative leave followed by termination,” Underhill said.
Last fall, Howes oversaw a project by students in the Career and Technical program to rebuild a trailer that is used by the Salem Exchange Club to sell Christmas trees as a fundraiser for the needy.
Howes was released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, Thomas said.
He is scheduled to be arraigned before 10th Circuit Court-Derry District on June 19.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 3
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483