Local man honored as PSU Distinguished Teacher
Now, he’s being honored as the university’s most outstanding teacher.
“I’m honored, and very humbled,” said Fischler, a UNH graduate who is in his 10th year at PSU.
Dr. Julie Bernier, PSU provost and vice president for academic affairs, said Fischler’s commitment to excellence in teaching has earned him the respect of students, staff and faculty.
Mark Fischler grew up among educators, and then became one himself.
But he credits his former head football coach at Plymouth High School, Chuck Lenahan, and his former baseball coach at Plymouth, Tom Underwood, with giving him leadership skills needed to be a good professor.
After graduating from UNH with a degree in political science, he earned a law degree from the University of Maine and worked as a defense attorney before starting at Plymouth State in 2003 in the Criminal Justice department, eventually becoming the department chair in 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m