Local man honored as PSU Distinguished Teacher
Now, he’s being honored as the university’s most outstanding teacher.
“I’m honored, and very humbled,” said Fischler, a UNH graduate who is in his 10th year at PSU.
Dr. Julie Bernier, PSU provost and vice president for academic affairs, said Fischler’s commitment to excellence in teaching has earned him the respect of students, staff and faculty.
Mark Fischler grew up among educators, and then became one himself.
But he credits his former head football coach at Plymouth High School, Chuck Lenahan, and his former baseball coach at Plymouth, Tom Underwood, with giving him leadership skills needed to be a good professor.
After graduating from UNH with a degree in political science, he earned a law degree from the University of Maine and worked as a defense attorney before starting at Plymouth State in 2003 in the Criminal Justice department, eventually becoming the department chair in 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 30
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too