Home » News » Public Safety
Threat prompts Exeter to increase police presence at high school
The threat — “I commit a school shooting” — appeared in the June 4 entry of a calendar on an iPad that was issued to a student. The student noticed it Tuesday morning and promptly told a teacher, according to a notice posted on the school district website.
In the notice, Exeter schools Superintendent Michael Morgan said the iPad was from the school’s mobile Ipad lab. Students use them for different instructional reasons, Morgan said.
“Conceivably, the message could have been posted last week, last month or even last year,” he said.
Kane said it is up to parents to decide whether to have their students attend school. He said police are not asking students to alter their behavior today.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads