Home » News » Public Safety
Weare man dies in Mass. motorcycle crash
Massachusetts State Police identified the man as Prescott Lane, 51, of Weare.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. near Exit 19 (Route 109), according to state police.
Lane was operating a 2010 Harley Davidson when, for reasons still under investigation, he lost control and crashed, coming to rest in the middle travel lane, state police said in a news release. He was transported to Milford Medical Center by the Milford Fire/EMS departments where he was determined to be deceased as a result of his injuries.
The crash, which closed the left and middle travel lanes on I-495 South until 5:30 p.m., caused more than a nine-mile backup, state police said.
The crash remains under investigation by troopers from the Mass. State Police Millbury Barracks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test