Home » News » Public Safety
Weare man dies in Mass. motorcycle crash
Massachusetts State Police identified the man as Prescott Lane, 51, of Weare.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. near Exit 19 (Route 109), according to state police.
Lane was operating a 2010 Harley Davidson when, for reasons still under investigation, he lost control and crashed, coming to rest in the middle travel lane, state police said in a news release. He was transported to Milford Medical Center by the Milford Fire/EMS departments where he was determined to be deceased as a result of his injuries.
The crash, which closed the left and middle travel lanes on I-495 South until 5:30 p.m., caused more than a nine-mile backup, state police said.
The crash remains under investigation by troopers from the Mass. State Police Millbury Barracks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt