Home » News » Public Safety
Weare man dies in Mass. motorcycle crash
Massachusetts State Police identified the man as Prescott Lane, 51, of Weare.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. near Exit 19 (Route 109), according to state police.
Lane was operating a 2010 Harley Davidson when, for reasons still under investigation, he lost control and crashed, coming to rest in the middle travel lane, state police said in a news release. He was transported to Milford Medical Center by the Milford Fire/EMS departments where he was determined to be deceased as a result of his injuries.
The crash, which closed the left and middle travel lanes on I-495 South until 5:30 p.m., caused more than a nine-mile backup, state police said.
The crash remains under investigation by troopers from the Mass. State Police Millbury Barracks.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads