Home » News » Public Safety
Weare man dies in Mass. motorcycle crash
Massachusetts State Police identified the man as Prescott Lane, 51, of Weare.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. near Exit 19 (Route 109), according to state police.
Lane was operating a 2010 Harley Davidson when, for reasons still under investigation, he lost control and crashed, coming to rest in the middle travel lane, state police said in a news release. He was transported to Milford Medical Center by the Milford Fire/EMS departments where he was determined to be deceased as a result of his injuries.
The crash, which closed the left and middle travel lanes on I-495 South until 5:30 p.m., caused more than a nine-mile backup, state police said.
The crash remains under investigation by troopers from the Mass. State Police Millbury Barracks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bomb squad activated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Schedule for today's Queen City Invitational Basketball, Bauer Christmas Hockey tournaments - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Hockey: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 2
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind