Home » News » Public Safety
Weare man dies in Mass. motorcycle crash
Massachusetts State Police identified the man as Prescott Lane, 51, of Weare.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. near Exit 19 (Route 109), according to state police.
Lane was operating a 2010 Harley Davidson when, for reasons still under investigation, he lost control and crashed, coming to rest in the middle travel lane, state police said in a news release. He was transported to Milford Medical Center by the Milford Fire/EMS departments where he was determined to be deceased as a result of his injuries.
The crash, which closed the left and middle travel lanes on I-495 South until 5:30 p.m., caused more than a nine-mile backup, state police said.
The crash remains under investigation by troopers from the Mass. State Police Millbury Barracks.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change