Talk of tax cap override increases in Manchester
After rejecting one proposed budget Tuesday, the board voted to convene a special meeting Tuesday, June 10 — the deadline under the city charter for a final budget.
Craig said she too is hopeful a consensus could be reached on a final budget.
He said he hoped to meet with the aldermen over this week. “I think everybody should be talking to everybody, so we have consensus and come to a common understanding on what’s best for the city of Manchester,” he said.
During the public comment period at Tuesday’s meeting, several residents urged the aldermen to uphold the tax cap.
But a number of aldermen said they heard from many constituents who are fed up with rising crime and poor roads.
Should the mayor veto the budget or a line item within it and there aren’t enough votes for an override, the aldermen will have until June 30 to muster enough support for a final budget.
READER COMMENTS: 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
- Drone legislation again to get NH House attention - 0
- Funding to Planned Parenthood jumps three-fold in two years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings