Home » News » Public Safety
Grandmother killed when golf cart driven by 5-year-old grandson crashes into porch
Sherry Isabelle of 34 Gifford Drive was riding in a small golf cart with her 5-year-old grandson at the wheel when the cart smashed into her house’s porch.
A third person in the small powered cart was not injured, he said.
Isabelle likely died in the crash, Hutchinson said. The child suffered minor facial injuries.
Police and rescue crews were called to Isabelle’s home at 3:42 p.m. Isabelle’s body was pulled from beneath the porch by rescue crews and neighbors; CPR was performed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“I really feel for the family, particularly the young grandson,” he said.
No charges are expected to be filed, police said.
According to her Facebook page, Isabelle went to Winnisquam Regional High School and was a member of the Tilton Northfield United Methodist Church.
“The Northfield Police Department would also like to ask all to take proper safety precautions when operating recreational vehicles, to include golf carts,” police said in a news release.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'