Home » News » Public Safety
Grandmother killed when golf cart driven by 5-year-old grandson crashes into porch
Sherry Isabelle of 34 Gifford Drive was riding in a small golf cart with her 5-year-old grandson at the wheel when the cart smashed into her house’s porch.
A third person in the small powered cart was not injured, he said.
Isabelle likely died in the crash, Hutchinson said. The child suffered minor facial injuries.
Police and rescue crews were called to Isabelle’s home at 3:42 p.m. Isabelle’s body was pulled from beneath the porch by rescue crews and neighbors; CPR was performed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“I really feel for the family, particularly the young grandson,” he said.
No charges are expected to be filed, police said.
According to her Facebook page, Isabelle went to Winnisquam Regional High School and was a member of the Tilton Northfield United Methodist Church.
“The Northfield Police Department would also like to ask all to take proper safety precautions when operating recreational vehicles, to include golf carts,” police said in a news release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters