Home » News » Public Safety
Grandmother killed when golf cart driven by 5-year-old grandson crashes into porch
Sherry Isabelle of 34 Gifford Drive was riding in a small golf cart with her 5-year-old grandson at the wheel when the cart smashed into her house’s porch.
A third person in the small powered cart was not injured, he said.
Isabelle likely died in the crash, Hutchinson said. The child suffered minor facial injuries.
Police and rescue crews were called to Isabelle’s home at 3:42 p.m. Isabelle’s body was pulled from beneath the porch by rescue crews and neighbors; CPR was performed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“I really feel for the family, particularly the young grandson,” he said.
No charges are expected to be filed, police said.
According to her Facebook page, Isabelle went to Winnisquam Regional High School and was a member of the Tilton Northfield United Methodist Church.
“The Northfield Police Department would also like to ask all to take proper safety precautions when operating recreational vehicles, to include golf carts,” police said in a news release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket