Home » News » Public Safety
Grandmother killed when golf cart driven by 5-year-old grandson crashes into porch
Sherry Isabelle of 34 Gifford Drive was riding in a small golf cart with her 5-year-old grandson at the wheel when the cart smashed into her house’s porch.
A third person in the small powered cart was not injured, he said.
Isabelle likely died in the crash, Hutchinson said. The child suffered minor facial injuries.
Police and rescue crews were called to Isabelle’s home at 3:42 p.m. Isabelle’s body was pulled from beneath the porch by rescue crews and neighbors; CPR was performed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“I really feel for the family, particularly the young grandson,” he said.
No charges are expected to be filed, police said.
According to her Facebook page, Isabelle went to Winnisquam Regional High School and was a member of the Tilton Northfield United Methodist Church.
“The Northfield Police Department would also like to ask all to take proper safety precautions when operating recreational vehicles, to include golf carts,” police said in a news release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.