Manchester Crimewatch: City man sought on warrant faces new charges
MANCHESTER — A city man scheduled for trial June 18 and sought on a warrant in connection with a May 20 theft was arrested Wednesday on a new theft charge.
Joshua Gordon, 28, of 23 Plummer St., was arraigned Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on the two theft charges and a contempt of court charge, for allegedly committing new crimes while out on bail.
Police allege Gordon stole items from Sears at the Mall of New Hampshire on May 20 and returned to the mall Wednesday and stole cologne valued at $82 from JCPenney. Bail was set at $1,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include not returning to the Mall of New Hampshire. Trial was set for July 9.
Arraigned in assault
Kory Santos, 22, of 27 Celeste St., was arraigned Thursday on misdemeanor charges of simple assault, false imprisonment and violation of a domestic violence protective order. He is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, pulling her into a room by her hair and entering her Ashland Street apartment in violation of the protective order’s restrictions.
Bail for Santos was set at $1,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with his ex-girlfriend and not going to her residence.
Trial set on trespass count
When Terrance Jackson, 21, of 73 Rockingham Road, Londonderry, told Judge William Lyons that he wanted to plead guilty to a criminal trespass charge for which he had failed to appear April 2, Lyons asked police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier if it was a negotiated plea.
Pelletier said she had been under the impression Jackson was going to plead innocent to the misdemeanor charge of going to a Pine Street address April 2, after having been told Jan. 28 not to return.
When he heard Pelletier’s sentence recommendation of six months in the House of Corrections, with all but five days suspended for two years of good behavior, Jackson changed his mind about pleading guilty.
Jackson was shot in the face in July 2013 by Richard Scott, 34, of Dorchester, Mass., who was convicted April 10 of attempted murder and being a felon in possession of a dangerous weapon. Jackson said he didn’t show up in circuit court on the trespass charge because someone at the Superior Court had told him to go home.
Lyons set trial for July 10 and set bail at $500 cash/surety.
Nashua date set
Felix Perez, 30, of 101 Glendale Ave., was arraigned Thursday on a violation of a domestic violence protective order from Nashua District Division.
Perez had failed to appear in the Nashua court, so an electronic bench warrant was issued.
Judge William Lyons set bail at $500 cash/surety. Perez is scheduled to appear July 8 in Nashua.
Negligent driving charged
A city man was charged with negligent driving and misdemeanor operating after suspension Thursday after he lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a light pole at Granite and Second streets just before 12:30 p.m.
Police said Cody Duarte, 20, was not injured in the crash, which caused the light pole to fall into the road, resulting in the necessity for altering traffic patterns during the lunch hour.